See related and similar tags
Report inappropriate content
Food for thought
12 New Chapters
365 New Chances
Don’t quit your daydream
It’s a long day... it’s a long week...
My life in a nutshell...
Cheers to the weekend 🥂
In the words of Kendrick Lamar
(Hol' up lil' bitch, hol' up lil' bitch) be humble
(Hol' up, bitch) sit down
(Sit down, hol' up, lil' bitch)
Be humble (bitch)
For someone who gets quite claustrophobic at times, hoping into a small freezing cold box at @minus110_adelaide has quickly become one of my favorite parts of the week
❄️❄️❄️ at Minus110
I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing. Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up and handle it. ~ Unknown
After this morning I refuse to let bad things bring me down. Take it in my stride and push past it. Although bad things happen, it will all turn out well in the end.
When you see this sexy thing at @anytimefitness_mileend💕
Day made 🙌🏻
Missed your face @carliegids 💕 at Anytime Fitness Mile End
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
~ Melody Beattie
When you wake up in the morning wondering why your quads hurt...
Then you remember yesterday you did;
• 60 x 35kg barbell squats
• 60 x 120kg leg press
• 60 x 27kg leg extensions
• 60 x 8kg each hand walking lunges
No rest 😪 at Anytime Fitness Nuriootpa
Morning cardio done ✅
@carlydunn_ifbb at Marino - Hallett Cove Boardwalk
Stop making excuses
“Beast Mode doesn't make excuses. It doesn't complain. Whatever you're doing, go out there and get it done. Keep pushing. If I have a bad game, I think about what I have to do to return to form. Figure it out, go to sleep, and wake up a new man”
- Matt Kemp; Atlanta Braves Baseball Team
Pat client @natbissett pushing the sled during her HIIT session yesterday morning 💪🏻💪🏻 at Anytime Fitness Port Adelaide
Quad Burner 🔥🔥🔥
Because biceps make me happy
I got 99 problems but a tan ain’t one ☝️
Happy 2nd Wedding Anniversary to my amazing husband @sevenstardragonball .
Pizza is life
• It is totally free and just about all of us can get access to a set of stairs.
• It leverages gravity and the heavier we are, the harder we’re forced to work and the more calories we burn.
• It is a relatively intense exercise that quickly increases our heart rate and in doing so can greatly improve our cardiovascular fitness.
• It helps strengthen and shape our most common problem areas like calves, thighs, buttocks and tummy.
• It is a very efficient way of burning maximum calories and is great for those of us with limited time to exercise.
• It can easily be mixed with other exercises, like walking, skipping and weight training, to maximize results and stair climbing workouts are easy to build progression into.
• It can be done by almost anyone, regardless of fitness level.
• Because it is weight bearing, it helps build bone strength.
• It is low impact and safe for the knees (providing correct technique is used and a preexisting condition doesn’t exist).
Burns more calories:
• Stair climbing engages your body’s largest muscle groups to repeatedly lift your body weight up, step after step. Thus, using your muscles to carry your own weight is far higher to running as compared.
Maximises your cardio efforts:
• It also raises your heart rate immediately thus maximizing your cardio benefits.
Increases core muscle strength:
• Climbing stairs is a great way to amp your core muscle strength.
Tones and sculpts your body:
• It also engages every major muscle in your lower body - glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, abs and calves to exercise and thus tones your body better.
Low impact workout:
• You don’t have to ideally sweat it out while climbing stairs. Just a few stairs every day will give you a good workout
Collect Memories not Things 💕
LISS stands for Low Intensity Steady State cardio. As its name suggests, it is any form of low intensity cardio where you maintain the same pace for a set period of time.
Although the benefits may not be the same as HIIT, LISS is still a worthwhile addition to your workout routine.
Here is why:
• It Builds Fitness Levels
If you are looking to build up your fitness or haven’t exercised in a while, LISS is a great way to do this! Not only is it simple to do, but it is an easy addition to your exercise routine. This is because LISS generally does not place a lot of strain on your body, meaning it may be done several times per week.
• It Is Easy To Stick With
If you don’t like doing high intensity cardio such as HIIT, then LISS is a great way to exercise because it is easy to stick to. I prefer to complete my LISS outside by taking the dogs for a walk or listening to some music, which makes it super relaxing and enjoyable. If you don’t think about it as a chore or something you absolutely HAVE to do, you will be surprised at how much you want to do it.
• It Is Great For Recovery
If you have had a few tough training sessions during the week, adding in another HIIT or resistance session may not be the best idea for your body. LISS can be a great way to still fit exercise in because it is low impact. This means that you are unlikely to impede your recovery by training over the top of sore muscles. LISS can actually help to increase blood flow to damaged muscles and reduce post-workout stiffness.
• It Helps To Burn Fat
Training at a lower intensity means that more oxygen is available to your body. As fat needs oxygen in order to be broken down, the more oxygen you can give your body, the more fat you may burn. at Hallett Cove Walking Trail
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
When I’m sick and sad all I want to do is shop 🛍🛍
Top 10 Benefits to Boxing
1. Fat Burning
2. Increased Muscle Tone
3. Build Strong Bones and Ligaments
4. Increased Cardiovascular Fitness
5. Improved Muscular Endurance
6. Improved Core Stability
7. Improved Strength and Power
8. Stress Relief
9. Improved Co-ordination and Body Awareness
10. Improved Confidence and Self-Esteem
There’s a difference between the old me and the new me.
I don’t put up with the same bullshit anymore and it’s that simple.
Trying new things other then just lifting heavy weights every day 🥊🥊🥊
Personalized Gym or Home Programs
• 28 day upper body
• 28 day lower body
• 28 day full body
Contact me for details
💕💕💕 at Anytime Fitness Port Adelaide
When Jasper brings these home and it makes you want to learn Muay Thai just so you can wear pretty gloves
Reminiscing on back 3years ago when I used to do that chef thing and I sometimes made pretty desserts @1918bistroandgrill
Saturday Nights Done Right
Raw Matcha, Lime & Vanilla Cupcake Recipe 💚🍦🍰🌸 by // @elsas_wholesomelife
• 1cup raw almonds
• 1/2cup buckwheat
• 5 medjool dates
• 1/4cup cacao powder
• 4cups of raw cashews
• 6tbsp maple syrup
• 1/2cup almond milk
• 1/2cup coconut oil
• 1tsp vanilla powder
• 2tbsp matcha powder
• juice of 1 lime
• Start by making the base. Blend the almonds and buckwheat, add the dates and cacao powder and blend again. Transfer to a bowl, add 1 tbsp of warm water and massage into mixture. Mix well until mixture sticks together like a bliss ball mix. Seperate amongst 10 cupcake moulds and press firmly.
• Place the moulds in the fridge or freezer while you make the next layer. Blend the cashews (drained), maple syrup, vanilla powder and almond milk until smooth and creamy, add the coconut oil and blend again. Spoon mixture across the cupcake moulds, smooth out flat. Place moulds in the freezer to set. To make the matcha lime layer, add the cashews (drained), maple syrup, almond milk and lime juice. Once smooth, add the matcha powder and coconut oil and blend again. Scoop mixture into a piping bag fitted with a wide/large nozzle.
• Place mixture in piping bag in a bowl and in the fridge to set for at least 4 hrs.
Remove cakes from the freezer, pipe the matcha layer to create a big swirl on top of each cake, return to the freezer to set overnight.
• Dust with extra matcha powder and decorate with lime slices and flower petals.
Build An Empire
Enquire Now for PT
Link in bio
Yesterday's Retail Therapy @massivejoes
Thanks for your help as always @jakesimspt_tmj 😊, anyone who needs new supps, head down to Parabanks and annoy Jake like @sevenstardragonball and I do 😂
Collected our @readyfitmealsau weekly meals, bulk chicken, steak and sweet potato to help with prep for me and 5 yummy meals for Ross
So glad @asha_coulthard has her 'Asha Coulthard Health & Wellbeing Supplement Stack' available, massive savings on 5 of the items I have in my plan 😍
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
~ Josh Billings
Morning strolls by the pond with the floofy @indie.beagle
For me, exercise is more mental than physical. I crave it for my sanity. Not just the endorphins, but my energy, confidence, and relaxation are all motivated by it.
~ Jonathan Keltz
Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.
~ Eddie Cantor
Our culture encourages us to plan every moment and fill our schedules with one activity and obligation after the next, with no time to just be. But the human body and mind require downtime to rejuvenate. I have found my greatest moments of joy and peace just sitting in silence, and then I take that joy and peace with me out into the world.
~ Holly Mosier
A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Today I popped into @ausinstfitness Adelaide Campus and picked up my Master Trainer Level 2 Certificate and enrolled into Nutrition 🙈🙊
• Certificate III in Fitness
• Certificate IV in Fitness
• Master Trainer Level 1
• Fitness Business Essentials
• Master Trainer Level 2
• Institute Energizer Award
• Certificate IV in Massage Therapy
• Diploma Of Remedial Massage Therapy
• Nutrition Coach
Soon I will have all the Certificates @ausinstfitness offer...
I have a compulsive personality and I like to collect things 💁🏼
Money can't buy happiness but it can by lash extensions and that's pretty much the same thing 💁🏼
If your in the Northern Suburbs of Adelaide make sure you hit up @miss_jobanks
No Bake Chocolate Tart 🍫🍓🍫🍓 by // @leelalicious
• 8 pitted Medjool dates
• 1cup almonds
• 30g 70% dark chocolate, melted
• 1tbsp coconut oil, melted
• Pinch of salt
• 1cup coconut cream
• 100g 70% dark chocolate
• 1/4cup coconut oil
• 8 pitted Medjool dates
• 1tsp vanilla extract
• Fresh berries
• Whipped coconut cream
• If the dates aren’t super soft already, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes.
• Pulse the (soaked) dates and almonds in a food processor until quite fine.
• Add melted chocolate, coconut oil and salt, then continue processing until incorporated. Press the crust mixture firmly into a round tart pan (with removable bottom) and chill until set.
• In the meantime, clean your food processor. Heat coconut cream, chocolate and coconut oil until melted. Add these to the food processor together with the dates and vanilla extract. Process until everything is combined and completely smooth.
• Fill the chocolate tart filling into hardened crust. Chill the tart until set (about 2 hours).
• Before serving, top the no-bake chocolate tart with whipped coconut cream and/or fresh fruit. Store refrigerated until ready to serve.
Hair gets lighter.
Skin gets darker.
Water gets warmer.
Drinks get colder.
Music gets louder.
Nights get longer.
Life gets better.
Bring back summer.
Photos by @safromabove
Post Comp Feed 😍😍😍 at Critini's
Love who you are, embrace who you are. Love yourself. When you love yourself, people can kind of pick up on that: they can see confidence, they can see self-esteem, and naturally, people gravitate towards you.
~ Lilly Singh
Team Work Makes the Dream Work
I have so much more for you to be mad at.
Just be patient.
Fitness Business Essentials Course Completed ✅
I'm not a person who naturally loves to wake up in the morning and go 'Yeah, I'm going to work out for five hours - wooh!' Like, that's not my thing. I'm from Texas. I like to eat carbs. I like to chill out with my friends and do anything but 150 push-ups and sit-ups.
~ Jennifer Love Hewitt
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
~ Sylvester Stallone, Rocky Balboa
Fitness Business Essentials Course Completed ✅
@ausinstfitness at Australian Institute of Fitness - Adelaide
Vanilla Waffles 🍦🍦🍦 by // @healthsynery
• 1/4cup buckwheat
• 1/4cup almond meal
• 1tsp vanilla bean powder
• 1tbsp mesquite powder
• 1/2tsp baking powder
• 1/4tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
• 1 ripe banana
• 1/2cup almond milk
• 2 eggs
• Preheat waffle maker.
• Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well.
• Place banana, almond milk and eggs in blender, mix until smooth.
• Transfer to the dry mixture, mix well.
• Pour mixture into waffle maker.
• Serve with coconut yoghurt, banana, peanut butter and berries.
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
~ Steve Jobs
Photo by @beautifuldestinations
Indie deserves the best
Waterfall Gully ➡️ My Happy Place
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
~ Charles R. Swindoll
Photo by // @joelcohenphotography
Practice is the hardest part of learning, and training is the essence of transformation.
~ Ann Voskamp
Dumbbell Shoulder Press;
1. Build Big Delts - This exercise allows you to really emphasize the deltoids with moderate to heavy loads. While you may not be able to lift as much total weight as with the barbell overhead press, you can still move some pretty heavy-ass iron. And in case you didn’t know, you must continually increase stress on the muscles in order to build muscle, as per the principle of progressive overload. Since you can keep adding weight to the dumbbell shoulder press almost indefinitely, it’s a prime shoulder building exercise choice.
2. Get Wider Shoulders - Since this exercise uses dumbbells, you can hold and maneuver the weights more freely than with a barbell. And so, the dumbbell press hits the lateral deltoids more intensely than barbell shoulder press movements. The end results include better developed outer deltoid head that give you more “capped” shoulders, and a more profound “V-taper” look (i.e. a high shoulder-to-waist ratio). Tip: Do lateral raises to really isolate the outer delts.
3. Work the Stabilizer Muscles - Since dumbbells force you to move the weights individually with each hand, you must utilize stabilizer muscles. This provides the benefit of improved control and balance of the shoulders and upper arms.
4. Achieve Symmetry - Unlike with barbell overhead press movements, the dumbbell shoulder press makes it impossible to complete reps by using the stronger side of your body to compensate for your weaker side. Therefore, the dumbbell shoulder press can prevent or correct strength and muscle size imbalances between your right and left upper arms.
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection ~ Buddha
Raw Coconut & Raspberry Cheesecake 🍓🧀🍰 by // @lovingearth
• 300g Chocolate Buckinis Clusters
• 1tbsp melted Coconut Oil
• 1tbsp Coconut Nectar
• 125g frozen raspberries, defrosted
• 90g frozen raspberries for layering inside cake
• 1tbsp Coconut Nectar
• 1tbsp lemon juice
• 1/8tsp cinnamon
• 450g Raw Cashews
• 375ml coconut yoghurt
• 250ml coconut cream
• 250ml melted Coconut Paste • 125ml Agave Syrup Light
• 2tsp of Vanilla Bean Powder
• zest and juice of one lime
• 125ml melted Coconut Oil
• 80g 85% Dark Chocolate
• 1tbsp Coconut Oil
• 1tbsp Fine Desiccated Coconut
• To make base, process all ingredients in a food processor until crumbly. Lightly press mixture into the base of a greased 23cm springform cake tin. Smooth out mixture with a spatula and refrigerate.
• To make raspberry coulis, blend 1 cup (125g) defrosted raspberries with coconut nectar, lemon juice and cinnamon until smooth. Set aside.
• To make cheesecake filling, blend all ingredients (except coconut oil) in a high speed-blender or food processor, until completely smooth. This may take several minutes. Slowly add coconut oil, while blender is running and process until completely combined.
• Pour half the cheesecake filling over the base. Spoon raspberry coulis over the filling – take care not to let coulis run out to the edge or the cake will stick to the tin when set. Use a teaspoon to swirl the coulis and filling together, creating a marble pattern. Scatter with ¾ cup (90g) frozen raspberries. Gently pour the remaining cheesecake filling on top.
• Place cheesecake in an airtight container, or cover tightly with cling wrap, and freeze for 5 hours until set.
• Making the chocolate shards is optional, but worth it! Melt chocolate together with the coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Pour onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and refrigerate for 10 minutes to firm up a little. Scatter with desiccated coconut and return to freezer to set. Break into shards, place in airtight container and set aside in freezer.
To make the lunge into a quad killer, keep these rules in mind:
1. Take a short step forward. The shorter your stride, the more quad-dominant you'll make the movement.
2.Stay upright. Don't lean too far forward. One of the best cues you can use here is to make yourself 'tall'. This simultaneously improves your posture and activates the core musculature.
3. When pushing off the forward leg, use your mid-foot as the propulsion point. You can even push off the toes to really emphasize the quads, but this may not be good for knee health. But as long as you stay off the heal when pushing off, you'll stimulate the quadriceps just fine.
Variation: Once you can use a significant amount of weight on dumbbell lunges, progress to barbell lunges. This will allow you to use more weight, plus it raises your center of gravity, requiring better balance and body control.
Love yourself like you do your friends 💕
Impossible seems to be nothing more than the limit of our current understanding
Missing the old days with my Monday Lofty walks with @alanwanders_
This was our weekly ritual as it was the only time we could spend together
Exercise, Fresh Air and Best Friends
Take some time for yourself 💕
Another thing I like to do is sit back and take in nature. To look at the birds, listen to their singing, go hiking, camping and jogging and running, walking along the beach, playing games and sometimes being alone with the great outdoors. It's very special to me.
~ Larry Wilcox
Photo by @dubstamatic
Stand Tall, Stand Proud. Know that you are unique and magnificent. You do not need the approval of others.
~ Jonathan Lockwood Huie
The biceps is a muscle on the front part of the upper arm. The biceps includes a “short head” and a “long head” that work as a single muscle.
The biceps is attached to the arm bones by tough connective tissues called tendons. The tendons that connect the biceps muscle to the shoulder joint in two places are called the proximal biceps tendons. The tendon that attaches the biceps muscle to the forearm bones (radius and ulna) is called the distal biceps tendon. When the biceps contracts, it pulls the forearm up and rotates it outward.
It's not about how skinny you are or how much money or how many diamonds you have - that's the fluff that people sometimes look at as being the main thing. It's about understanding that the things that make you fabulous are all inside of you.
~ Kimora Lee Simmons
This site uses the Instagram API, but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.
Piknu © 2017. All Right Reserved.