It's a funny world we live in.
Report inappropriate content
My new Joker drawing!
Posted on my art page @bloodisonthefloor
*JOKER REVIEW" PROS:
- Joaquin Phoenix carries this movie. With all his heart and passion that he put into preparing for this role. His facial expressions are just as mesmerizing as his incredible body language
- I loved the brutality in this movie. It doesn't take any shortcuts and tries to portray Jokers anger as realistically as possible. In the moments where TDK would cut away once you see blood Joker just keeps filming. (no offense to TDK, it worked just fine like that, but I'm glad Joker does it differently)
- the cinematography is unique. Beautiful pictures of the American citylife in the 1980s.
- the music is outstanding!! Honestly such an intense score which always supports the story in every way. Especially in the most exciting scenes the music and sound editing does a fantastic job.
- the movie wasn't predictable at all. - Joker was unique and special in its own way without even trying to live up to anyone's expectations. This may be the most important point because just like Suicide Squad and the dark knight before, all those movies are completely different from each other and it's good that way. So it's not possible to compare those interpretations of the character... All you can do is saying which portrayal you might prefer most l, personally!
- parts of the story. Don't get me wrong I loved Arthur's personal way and transformation to becoming the Joker. But the society? I'm sorry but this aspect was just way too rushed and you didn't really see it coming that almost everyone felt a similar way as arthur did. Being treated with injustice. I love that Joker eventually was a symbol for the people and that he grew by standing up for himself, but this connection between Arthur Fleck and the regular humans didn't feel perfectly established.
Joker isn't a typical DC movie and it's definitely not a superhero movie but a Drama which deals with mental illness and the issue of a split society confronted by injustice which leads to hatred and disbelief in the established order. And although I didn't think the last aspect was executed very well the movie has a lot of to offer. Especially a great new interpretation of our beloved character:)
What do these eyes tell you?
Beautiful art by @spdrmnkyxxiii
Have you seen it already? I still have to wait...
C L O W N S
B L O O D
How many golden ones do u think Joker is gonna get?
Fantastic piece by @anarchy_graphics
By the incredible @jaxsonderr
This site uses the Instagram API, but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.
Piknu © 2019. All Right Reserved.