Letters from me to chiu
📍 | Toronto, Canada
✉️ | DM for inquiries
✈️ | @thetravellingplastic for adventures
Report inappropriate content
What books do you read over and over again? 📖
For me, it's the Harry Potter series. I remember waiting patiently for each new book to be released and pre-ordering them. Then I would sit myself down on the couch and binge read the entire book the day it was FINALLY delivered to my house ☺️ at Toronto, Ontario
Home in progress 🏠 at Toronto, Ontario
How I currently make my foiled prints:
1. Print your design using a laser printer. It HAS to be a printer that uses toner or else the foil will not stick.
2. Cut your foil to size and cover up your design. I personally like using decofoil or heidi swapp foil to make my prints.
3. *optional* I use a transfer folder to keep my foil in place as it runs through the laminator. A piece of regular printer paper over the foil works as well. I know some people don't do this with good results, so trial and error works best!
4. Let the whole package run through the laminator. I found that supporting the paper as it feeds through helps it to lay flat and the foil adheres better.
5. Take the print out of the transfer folder, take a deep breath, and pull the foil off. Voilà! Enjoy your new foiled print!
• If you want to foil only certain parts, you can always print part of the design using inkjet printers as the foil will not react with ink. Then you print over the inkjet with the rest of your design using a laser printer and the foil will only stick to the parts printed with toner.
• Not all "black" toner is created equal! Print with a monochrome laser printer for best results instead of a laser printer that can print in multiple colours.
• Glossy or smooth paper works best for foil coverage. If the paper is too rough, it can leave spotty patches. I like using JAM Paper glossy recycled white cardstock (80lbs), for best results. Recollections cardstock works as well.
• Lastly, try, try, try again! Trial what combination of paper, printer and laminator settings works best for you. I still struggle with patchy foiling, so it's definitely not an exact science.
Have fun foiling! Tag me if this tutorial helped you. I can't wait to see what you create 😊 at Toronto, Ontario
New calendar year, same ol' gold and gray colour scheme ✨ at Toronto, Ontario
Trying to start each month with a new verse to memorize.
For me, writing things down is the best way to remember which is why I wrote out all my notes throughout university.
Is anyone else in the same boat? 🙋🏻 at Toronto, Ontario
New year, new bullet journal.
Hello 2019! 🎉🎊 at Toronto, Ontario
Wrapping up 2018 with my favourite projects of the year.
These foiled prints were designed with my cousin's baby in mind and would make the perfect gift for decorating any child's room!
Looking forward to 2019, I'm planning on creating a few more designs before venturing into the realm of officially selling my prints.
Soo...does anyone have any suggestions on which animal to make next? 🙈 at Toronto, Ontario
Been keeping this a surprise for so long, but now that this new print has been officially gifted, I can reveal the latest update to the "Olive Collection" 🎉
DM for inquiries! at Toronto, Ontario
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.
- Isaiah 9:6-7 - at Toronto, Ontario
Spending Christmas Eve with this Helpless Bunch🎄🐒
Merry Christmas from our unnamed unit to yours! at St. John's Rehab Hospital
All gold everything ✨
Looking forward to making more personalized wedding cards for 2019! at Toronto, Ontario
What movies do you have to watch at least once a year?
I know for me, my year isn't complete until I watch "Mr. Bean's Holiday" for Christmas 😂 at Toronto, Ontario
Happiest of birthdays to the derpiest guy I know! 🎉🎊
One year older, one year wiser 😉 📷 @carizhuphoto
One last photo of this summer's weddings before the winter snow officially sets in!
Missing these summer florals already ☹️
✉️DM for inquiries!
📷 @carizhuphoto at Toronto, Ontario
It's almost been 4 months since we got back from Peru, so I guess it's time to slowly start the Travelling Plastic series again 😅
We tried to make the most of our boleto turistico and took a day trip out to Saqsaywaman and its neighbouring sites. We started by taking a taxi up to Tambomachay to see the aquaducts and mini waterfalls among the ruins. There is a small bathhouse located here and water still flows through the ruins to this day! at Tambomachay
*hint hint* Personalized signs make perfect Christmas gifts! 🎁🎄 at Toronto, Ontario
Monday morning checklists!
I found it really hard to keep track of all the things I needed to do for my name change, so I tried to write it all down. But now my fear is that I've missed something 🙈
Can someone proofread my list, please? at Toronto, Ontario
New holder, who dis?
So of course I wanted to trial it with all my nibs and inks, so here's some Sunday evening calligraphy practice.
All I can say is that this blush midas holder is so beautiful (and functional)! In addition to the gold flakes inside, there's also a subtle iridescent shimmer that can only be seen in direct light 😍✨
Now to refrain myself from buying all the holders from @inkmethis 🙈 at Toronto, Ontario
This site uses the Instagram API, but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.
Piknu © 2019. All Right Reserved.